Monday, June 16, 2008

Puppet Power!




Today was a very fun day at our house. We started out with VBS, which is always hectic and crazy, but fun. Then I had a Pre-k inservice on how to use puppets in the stations to build language and story comprehension. Well we got to make the neatest character masks that the kids can use to re-tell stories. What a cool idea! There were 14 characters to make from various fairytales. Madison and Cade got to try them out when I got home. They had a lot of fun acting out the story of The 3 Little Pigs!


At the inservice I won a door prize! It was a stick puppet kit, so of course the kids wanted to make puppets right away. And once you make puppets you have to have a...... puppet show! Cade was pretty much the mastermind behind the puppet show. He called his puppet Mr. Smolik, (he is our neighbor) and so Madison ended up with Mrs. Smolik. Cade also remembered that he had made a cat puppet last week (we love crafts!) so the puppet show was about The Smolik's and their new cat Sparkles (they don't even have a cat). This was all Cade's idea and Madison was such a good sport to go along with it :) Cade even made up commericials for the puppet show!


What a ham! I just love summer!

3 comments:

"Kim" said...

Those are cute, girl! I'll have to use that idea with my boys!!

"Kim" said...

BTW..I love your blog!! you have some really cool links. I'm going to try to add some to mine!! I love the book shelf.... however, I've only been reading children's books and magazines recently!!

Debbie said...

I really like the puppet/mask idea for a workstation. Is it something you can share? I would love to make some of those for next year. It sounds like you are really excited about going to Pre-K! can't wait to hear all about it.