Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Staycation

The kids and I are on a staycation from school. We just found out that we have the rest of the week off. There are still many KISD schools without power and many Katy families without power and/or water. We actually have everything restored and have for quite some time. We even have our satelite working great. I feel indulged when I know others are really suffering.

The kids and I went to Hobby Lobby to get some crafts today. We figured we needed to fill the time. I am not sure who enjoys "crafting" the most, me or them!

After being home with them this week it has made me realize how much I long to be more available to them. I would love to be able to go to their classrooms and volunteer and eat lunch with Maddy or drive Cade to Pre-school. I also love cooking nice meals without rushing or feeling stressed after a chaotic day at work. Last night we all cuddled up and read books and I actually enjoyed it! Maybe that's because I wasn't totally burned out after working all day. Maybe it's time for a change....I wonder what Aaron will think....hmm...... I better be cooking some really yummy meals!
I am including this picture because I absolutely LOVE it.

No comments: