Tuesday, July 15, 2008

4th of July Fun! (with Flat Stanley)


Madison and Flat Stanley on the 4th of July.


I am a bit behind in my posting because of all the excitement and travels in my life.
Well here we go....

On the 4th of July we went to the zoo. It was a free admission day at the zoo (we try to take advantage of any freebie that we can while we strive to become debt free!). We usually go to the zoo the day after Thanksgiving because that is also a free day and the weather is just perfect here in Houston, Texas. But this year we thought July would be a better time to go, big mistake. The zoo was packed! We also brought Flat Stanley with us. In case you don't know, Flat Stanley is a character from a children's book. Madison read this book in first grade and her teacher sent a copy of him home the last day of school. Madison was supposed to take Flat Stanley with her on all her summer adventures, write about her adventures on the back of Flat Stanley and then mail him to Mrs. Ford at the school. Well, I accidentally misplaced the original Flat Stanley.....uh oh! Madison does not handle this type of thing well. The morning we were going to the zoo I had to find another Flat Stanley on line and color him in the car on the way to the zoo. To ease my guilty conscience I told Maddy that we would photograph her with Flat Stanley and then mail Mrs. Ford all the pictures of the two of them together.

Unfortunatley, my camera battery died after the second or third animal exhibit at the zoo. At this time Madison made me hold flat Stanley for the rest of the day without wrinkling him!!!!

After a long, hot, rainy day at the zoo....we watched fireworks at Katy Mills Mall (Flat Stanley went too!). All in all we had a very nice family day!

No comments: